Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Today is the beginning to the rest of my life...

I didn't wake up one morning and decide i was going to start loving myself. 
it took a group of encouraging people to push me to this point in my life. 
It look my parents,six sisters,three brothers,a family who took me in as their own and 7 very close friends to convince me i wasn't worthless. 
To convince me i wasn't alone.

"It's funny how your brain works sometimes...
For it to think the world is ending when it's in fact it's all just the beginning."

I wish I knew that closing doors, opened new ones, because I use to be afraid to close old doors in fear that i'd be trapped. I wish i knew that letting toxic people go that i'd find new people. People that care and want noting but the best for me. 
See these people, the people i talk about are my 7 friends. 
I'm not going to name them without their permission but these 7 friends are my world right now. They have changed me. See my old friends use to belittle me, discourage me, point out my flaws and make fun of my beliefs. 
My new friends, even though we don't all share the same views and beliefs they don't make fun, they don't tease, they are simply there for me. They encourage me to be the best firefighter i can be, they encourage me to do better in school...they encourage me to simply get out of bed and face the day with a smile. 

No i didn't wake up and decide i was going to start loving myself but thanks to my family. The family I've made. I am going to love myself. I am going to be God's beautiful daughter, simply created to be myself. Quirks and all i am beautiful. I can't see it yet. I honestly don't see what they see, but i am trying, I am trusting. I am starting my journey.
I hope that one day i'll look back at this first blog and smile and say "You made it. You see what they see". 

I'm only 15. I have plenty of life ahead of me. I have plenty more change. This isn't going to be easy, nobody said it would be; but thanks to my family and church body. I will make it. I won't give up. I will have bad days. I will have TERRIBLE days...but i will not quit. 

I don't love myself. 
That's the point of this journey. 
So i ask whoever is reading is this please don't give up on me.


Please take time to listen to this song.
X Ambassadors-Unsteady  

5 comments:

  1. You are a wonderful person. I believe in you. If you need anything we are here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great first entry. You will look back on it later and see where your journey started and where you are at that point. You will see the progress. You are very mature for a 15 year old. It takes some people a long time to get to where you are now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mrs.Kathy. Your support means a lot.

      Delete
  3. Aw, Sweetpea! What a touching, heart-searching first post, and what a wonderful beginning of your blogging journey. I can see you through your words, and can see the sweet soul and the seeking heart.

    I just happened in from Kathy's blog, but I'm putting you on my list to visit often.

    A day at a time, step by step, and the journey is begun. . .

    rachel

    ReplyDelete